Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh The Army....

I am not one to speak out against the military. Or the goverment at all really. Even though I may have conflicted emotions at times, at the end of the day, they pay our bills and keep a roof over our heads. But yesterday was a bad day for the Army and me.
I had to go on post to deposit a check and peek around for some birthday/Valentine's presents for Phil. That means I have to drive across post, which normally takes about a half an hour. Not yesterday. I have to drive down a stretch of road that happens to be a 'troop crossing' area. Normally, it's deserted. Yesterday it was NUTS! And these people don't watch! They're darting back and forth running, walking, not looking. Consequently, I drove 20 miles an hour, clutching the steering wheel and a cigarette, hoping I didn't take any of these soldiers out. It took me an hour to get there. Of course, they did not have what I want.
So I go to the dry cleaners, to pick up a kevlar cover. There is a soldier in front of me with his Class A's, with every pin, ribbon, medal, doo dad, and flair needed to get sewn onto his jacket. He did not let me go ahead of him. I was in there for a half an hour. Joy.
Then my poor husband had to work from 5am to 10pm. He was not a happy camper. He fell asleep on the couchwith his boots still on. He hasn't been sleeping much at all, very stressed about our current situation (which some of you know about).
And lastly, I got a letter in the mail from our insurance, trying to charge us AGAIN for a service that is supposed to be free for us.
Usually the Army and I are ok. After yesterday though, it has some making up to do.....

No comments: