Sunday, July 13, 2008

No excuses....

Yes, I haven't written in a LONG time. For the 2 people that actually read this and have complained, my apologies.
So, I am safe and well in Wisconsin. The move went smoothly, and I am as settled as I can be right now. We haven't moved yet; still staying with the parents, but that will come in time.
Now that I'm back here, it makes me sad to think of the time I was robbed of while I was away. My great consolation are the wonderful people that I met in TX; when I am out and about I will swear I see one of them in the grocery store, or on the street, and it saddens me that it will be a long time before I see them again, if at all.
People complain about this city, or the area; there is nothing to do or see, etc. I feel as if I was never meant to leave here, ever. It all comes back to me in a rush; the green of my parent's backyard enveloping me like a blanket, driving by the lake at night and having to stop a moment to marvel at the beauty of the moon reflecting off the water, all the little shops with their little treasures on Main St. I have missed my dad's chuckle, the way my mom's eyes constantly dance, my sister's infectious spirit. I missed seeing my mirror in their faces. I have missed my best friend's constantly pensive look; that life still does not amuse her, and the joke's up.
A military wife once said to me 'Home is wherever your husband is. So Texas right now is your home.' But she spoke falsely, at least in my eyes. That place is where we lived; this place is home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!It's nice to have someone back who appreciates this town.
Amanda