Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A rant?!

Wow I'm getting better at this! Look at these frequent posts just flying from my fingertips! I don't know if it's because I have PMS, or in light of certain events, or I'm just crabby, but I am mildly irritated. So I will rant and vent and then I will sleep. Lovely.
Aren't relationships funny? When I was younger, I really used to think that everyone tried to love everone else; that loved ones really were loved. Since then I have learned better, but I often still think on it. Even if you don't understand someone, or get them, or agree with them, if we love them, isn't that sometimes enough? I mean, if we go around unaccepting and sitting in judgement of others, who would take the time to accept us and love us unconditionally?
Everytime you open your mouth you carry the weight of knowing you can better someone's life, or burden it. (I had the luxury of learning this at an early age, partly because I've been in therapy since I was 9. Yes, I said luxury, and yes, I said 9). What saddened me growing up, was that many adults could not seem to grasp this little nugget of knowledge. What's even more pitiful to me now is that, some people don't want to know, or seem to not care.
What a power words hold. I think that's why I love books; words can do anything, they can lift you up, inspire you, control you, make you cry, evoke laughter, or destroy you.
Think about it:
"I love you"
"Don't eat that; you'll get fat."
"Thank you"
"Don't tell anyone, this never happened."
"You made my day"
"No one will believe you"
"You're so special to me"
"I despise you"
"I'm so proud of you"
"You're a disappointment"
Just one sentence; a few little words. I really wish people would put more stock into what comes out of their mouths. I wonder if they see how it can change people; how it can alter the course in their lives. How often it can take so much longer to get back to the way you were before those few little words were spoken.

No comments: