Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting back to basics!!

This summer I want to ENJOY myself. I sometimes get the frightening urge that life is passing me by; one day into the next so quickly that I've done nothing worthwhile or enjoyable for myself. Do you have those days when you go to bed just wonderfully exhausted by the great time you just had? I feel like those days are just too few and far between lately. So, I'm making a little list of some things I'd like to do this summer; nothing major, but fun things, simple things, that bring me nothing but pure joy.
Here is my MONUMENTAL (ha) summer list:
*See a sunrise down by the lake
*Read some 'thinker' books, as I call them (sorry mom). My goal is 6.
*Brewer's game!
*Hike with the hubby
*Pick strawberries (is it too late??)
*Spend a day at the beach and watch the sunset with someone I love
*Get some ice cream and watch a movie on a Friday with the fam, just like old times
*Ride a roller coaster
*Go to the zoo
So, we will see what the next few months hold! Next sunday it will officially begin! Welcome summer, welcome!!

1 comment:

Audrey Seitz said...

I love summer. I also love the new background. Coffee tomorrow? I'll call you. :)